THE HUMAN RIGHTS PEOPLE
OPPORTUNITIES . CAPABILITIES
Other civic actors are engaged in through training and capacity building on matters that directly or indirectly affect the community. In this regard, the program seek to build thematic networks, coalitions and or partnerships in Mathare and Nairobi to collectively protect the rights to communities and increasing the quality of democracy where citizens make important decisions on matters of their day to day business.
1. Commitment to the obligation on the rule of law.
2. Respect for humanity in school administration
3. Promotion of social transformation through youth empowerment and talent building.
4. Transparency and accountability with stakeholders.
5. Spirit of constitutionalism, democracy and governance. Our philosophy is to create opportunities because we believe in capabilities.
INFORM citizens so that they are empowered to act and claim their key rights and freedoms.
OUR STRATEGIC PLAN
Democratic values and attributes among young leaders in schools and CBOs in Mathare enhanced by 2017 and attained by 2019.
2. Participatory and accountable human rights-cantered governance among legislative and executive actors in Nairobi County-enhanced by 2017 and attained by 2019.
3. The capacity of CBO and school going leaders in human rights discourse, advocacy and democratic development-enhanced by 2018 and attained by 2019.
4. Institutionalization and financial capacity of Mathare peace initiative Kenya secured by 2016. ENCOURAGE: Encourage the communities to ratify, popularize and monitor implementation of key standards and legislation.
OUR WORK IN THE COMMUNITY IS TO,
ENCOURAGE the communities to ratify, popularize and monitor implementation of key standards and legislations.
INFORM Citizens so that they are empowered to act and claim their key rights and freedoms.
DEVELOP Capacity of inclusive local and national platforms to popularize, engage and hold leaders accountable